VIP World is a company that dreams of designing solutions for 285 million Visually Impaired People or VIP as we like to refer them, across the world so that they can lead an inclusive, convenient, and prosperous life.
The company was founded in 2019 based on the design research carried out on the topic, “increasing employability for blind or partially sighted people”. We identified travelling safely, in-expensively and independently challenging for VIP despite government subsidies and initiatives in the UK. Therefore, we are developing the first product of VIP World, Travel Hands, an app that pairs a VIP with a sighted and verified volunteer to walk together towards their similar destinations.
The app will deliver benefits in various different aspects. Helping VIP & Volunteers to combat loneliness as well as improving physical health through more exercise. Financially helping by saving inessential travel costs, possibly increasing the economic contribution by VIP as a labour force. Travel Hands is an effort to make London a more accessible place for everyone.
The parent company, VIP World, designs solutions for organizations that would like to make websites, mobile apps, or services inclusive for VIP by considering the WCAG accessibility standards and by user testing & getting feedback from the VIP World Community.
Find more about our company here: www.vipworldservices.com
The Business Development Executive role is an essential addition to the VIP World team; you will bring business partnership and sales expertise into our team and provide the necessary thrust in creating partnerships with corporates.
Our first product, Travel Hands, is integral to our business. Your role will primarily involve creating partnerships with socially conscious organisations under Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) program or social impact initiatives:
- to promote volunteering opportunity to their employees.
- to provide incentives for the volunteers. Volunteers help VIP in a flexible way and walk more. Distance walked is converted to points, points then converted to goodies.
The role will also involve creating partnerships with charities and organisations, increasing the sign up of Volunteers and VIPs.
You will be reporting into Ishan Jha, Founder and Chief Design Officer of VIP World.
COVID-19 Update: All members of the team will be working from home until at least the end of January 2021, and interviews during that time will be conducted using video call and other tools.
- Schedule partnership meetings, run partnership meetings, control and close the full B2B partnership cycle independently
- B2B business development to find new clients for the volunteer incentive program (mainly involving CSR initiatives)
- Partnership with charities, corporates and other organisations promoting the benefits of Travel Hands to VIP and Volunteers, thereby, increase sign ups.
- Market research, prospecting, scheduling meetings, and managing pipeline of commercial opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in New Business Development / Hunting role
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays
- Developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
- Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills
- As an early employee, help shape the direction of a startup
- Widen your professional network across organisations in London
- Flexible, Remote Based (fully until January 2021)
- Opportunity to lead a young team
- Travel and Phone bills will be covered by the company
- You will be provided with a phone and a laptop