Travel Hands is a service designed to ease the outdoor commute of VIP (Visually Impaired People) by pairing them with sighted & verified volunteers to walk together to similar destinations ensuring a safe, convenient, and inexpensive travel experience. The service launched on May 2021 in London with 10% WOW growth on journeys. A short video on Travel Hands.
The service is operating as a call centre system and will be turned into an app in the near future to deliver benefits in various aspects. Helping VIP & Volunteers to combat loneliness as well as improving physical health through more exercise. Financially helping VIP by saving inessential travel costs, possibly increasing the economic contribution by VIP as a labor force. Travel Hands is an effort to make London a more accessible place for everyone.
The parent company, VIP World Services, designs solutions for organizations that would like to make websites, mobile apps, or services inclusive for VIP by considering the WCAG accessibility standards and by user testing & getting feedback from the VIP World Community. VIP World is a company that dreams of designing solutions for 285 million Visually Impaired People or VIP as we like to refer them, across the world so that they can lead an inclusive, convenient, and prosperous life.
Find more about our company here: www.vipworldservices.com
The Operations Executive role is an essential addition to the VIP World team, as you will help shape Travel Hands service by ensuring that a VIP and Volunteer journey is safe, organized and that both have reached their final destinations.
Your role will primarily involve:
- Connecting with VIP and Volunteers on the phone to confirm their journey details
- Make sure the journey goes according to plan
- Induct the volunteers registering with Travel Hands
Your role will also include work with documentation including confirmation of email addresses and journey details and filling in Covid-19 forms.
You will be reporting to Ishan Jha, Founder and Chief Design Officer of VIP World.
COVID-19 Update: All members of the team will be working from home until at least the end of September 2021, and interviews during that time will be conducted using video calls and other tools.
- Providing first line technical support for all service users in a professional, friendly and customer focused manner with a focus of speed and precision
- Providing timely and accurate support via the telephone, email queries and instant messaging, incidents, or service requests
- Receiving, logging and recording, taking ownership, resolving and monitoring faults / requests throughout their lifecycle
- Guiding the customer service team in responding to the needs of the operations.
On a day-to-day operation:
- Record the journey requests from VIPs and volunteers
- Pair VIP with Volunteers on record time for effective results
- Share the instruction handbook and the safeguarding material created by us with the service users
- Support and answer the queries by VIP and volunteer on the call, text or WhatsApp messaging
- Make sure the users fill up Covid-19 forms before scheduled journeys
- Confirm journey details with volunteers and VIP 24 hours before a journey
- Track the journey of VIP and volunteers through GPS navigation as and when required
- Contact the service users to collect immediate feedback after a journey OR ask to fill in a feedback form later
What we are looking for:
- Problem solving attitude and analytical mind
- Previous experience working in a call center
- Previous experience in customer service
- Microsoft skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in-person
- As an early employee, help shape the direction of a startup
- Widen your professional horizons
- Experience working with disabled community
- Flexible, Remote Based (fully until September 2021)
- Opportunity to contribute to a young team and grow as a leader
- Opportunity to co-design with the founding team and implement own ideas