VIP World is a company that dreams of designing inclusive solutions for corporates so that they can cater to the needs of 1 billion people with disabilities across the world.
The company was founded in 2019 based on the design research carried out on the topic of "increasing employability for blind or partially sighted people". Since then we have created a community of 850+ people with disabilities interacting with us through different means.
We have built a platform, VIP World, which enables corporates to create accessible products and services for people with disabilities by connecting them with a diverse pool of people with disabilities (on paid basis) and accessibility experts to perform user testing and research.
Our objective is to create a product that will enable corporates to make accessibility easy to achieve. Currently, we have customers trialling the MVP of the product created with no-code tools.
Additionally, we also created the Travel Hands app designed to ease the outdoor commute of VIP (Visually Impaired People) by pairing them with sighted & verified volunteers to walk together to similar destinations ensuring a safe, convenient, and inexpensive travel experience. The service launched in May 2021 in London, in the form of a call centre, with 10% MOM growth on journeys.
A short video on Travel Hands- https://youtu.be/du1CEQeWoYw
Service Design is at the core of VIP World Services, where the approach of co-designing with our users, team members, and other stakeholders is given priority. We have validated the need of corporate clients and now want to build the product to serve government and private clients.
“If the user is having a problem, it’s our problem.”
—Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computers
The technical co-founder joining the team will be responsible for creating the product from scratch.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in a computer-related discipline or equivalent qualification
- Substantial experience and/or knowledge of Assistive technologies used by people with disabilities
- Knowledge and awareness of the digital Accessibility guidelines
- Strong interest in the humanitarian sector and a commitment to disability inclusion
- Ability to build a technical team
- Based in the UK
- Effective communication and networking skills
- Leadership skills
- Postgraduate qualification in a computer-related discipline
- Experience working with disabled people
- Flexibility over working hours
- Start-Up experience
- As a co-founder help shape the direction of a start-up
- Fixed Equity shares + vested shares over time
- Salary depending on the sales and finances raised
- Widen your professional horizons
- Experience working with the disabled community
- Flexible, Remote Based
- Opportunity to contribute to a young team and grow as a leader
- Opportunity to co-design with the founding team and implement own ideas