The Full Stack Developer
Travel Hands, the first service of VIP World Services, is designed to ease the out door commute of VIP (Visually Impaired People) by pairing them with sighted &verified volunteers to walk together to similar destinations ensuring a safe, convenient, and inexpensive travel experience. The service launched on May 2021in London with 10% WOW growth on journeys. A short video onTravel Hands.
The Full Stack Developer will be proficient in Java,Angular and MySQL essentially for development of the application, as you will help:
Writing efficient code using best practice for software development from scratch
Working with Programmers and AppDesigners to create a web based application that matches the visual and accessible design intent
Creating and maintaining the documentation for software used
Working closely with project team(s) to provide the technical expertise to develop and deliver the desired UI and user experience (UX) for system/projects
Design for making technology as easy as possible to use for Visually Impaired People (VIP) and fully Accessible
A creative approach to problem-solving and excellent follow-up skills
- Creating engaging and performant UIs (e.g. CSS and animations)
- Building modern web applications using Java (Spring) and Angular JS
- Proficient in creating database by using MySQL
- Being curious, kind and a great team-worker
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable previous front end development experience
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Experience working on an agile environment/understanding of SDLC and agile development processes
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- You get energised by reviewing the status quo and actively support improvements.
- Analytical and curious
- Willingness to learn on the job
- Join the mission of VIP World Services– Design for 285 million VIP(Visually Impaired People) around the world.
- Assist shaping the direction of an innovative start-up from London into a scale up.
- Work with an international team spread mostly across UK
- Widen your professional horizons
- Experience working with disabled community
- Flexible, Remote Based (online until December 2021)
- Opportunity to contribute to a young team and grow as a leader
- Opportunity to co-design with the founding team and implement own ideas
The service is operating as a call centre system, generating revenue and now we need you to help us create an web based application to scale. The service has multiple benefits such as helping VIP &Volunteers to combat loneliness as well as improving physical health through more exercise. Financially helping VIP by saving inessential travel costs, possibly increasing the economic contribution by VIP as a labour force. TravelHands is an effort to make London a more accessible place for everyone.
The parent company, VIP World Services, designs inclusive websites for website owners interested to increase their user base of VIP by considering the WCAG accessibility standards and by user testing & getting feedback from the VIPWorld Community.
VIP World is a company that dreams of designing solutions for 285 million Visually Impaired People or VIP as we liketo refer them, across the world so that they can lead an inclusive, convenient, and prosperous life.
Find more about our company here: www.vipworldservices.com
You will be reporting to Ishan Jha, Founder, VIP World Services.