Sam Seavey

Mar 23, 2021
go to facebookgo to twitterlinkedingo to instagramgo to websitego to website

Interview

Condition:  Stargardt's Disease

1. What is your profession and why did you decide to choose this field?
In my day job, I am the Assistive Technology Program Coordinator at a non-profit operated by and for the visually impaired. I am also the creator of the popular YouTube channel, The Blind Life, which now has over 30,000 subscribers. For both my job and YouTube channel, I enjoy learning about new and emerging assistive technology which I can share with the visually impaired community.

2. What is the most rewarding thing about what you do?

The most rewarding aspect of being an assistive technology trainer and creating content on The Blind Life is connecting with people in the blind and visually impaired community who didn't realize so much amazing and helpful technology was available to them. Technology that can help change their lives for the better!

3. What is your advice to all the other VIPs around the world who don't believe they can be successful in the area of their interest because of their disability?
95% of success is attitude. Assistive technology can help with the other 5%. If there is something that you are really passionate and excited about, I guarantee there is a way for you to do it. You may need to implement certain systems and assistive technology that will allow you to be successful, but it's definitely possible. As long as you have a strong desire and the right attitude!